audio editor

hi

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Tom Metro <tmetro-blu-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I tried Audacity, as that's what I hear mentioned most often

well, i think some of the problem seems to be with your understanding
of the tools and what's capable with them. audacity can do a lot and
also accept vst plugins. so if the built in stuff is not working as
you'd expect, you may be able to find other plugins that will give you
more satisfactory results.

i'd say you should start with the noise reduction and then do other
things, but without the audio source- i can't say for sure.

> I'm hoping there is something better available.

you can look at ardour [complete linux audio workstation, but that
might be overkill]. i think you might just need to work over your
files a bit more. or maybe pay someone else to do that. or maybe learn
some more about dsp and computer audio.

and complaints about the ui of an open source project- well, those
don't really go too far [diy!] ...

good luck!

--
\js "war is over if you want it" -lennon & ono