Cheap-ish video card recommendation

Dan Ritter wrote:
> For an AGP motherboard and MythTV, you want either an NVideo
> 5200 or a PCI 8400. The first can do XvMC, and the second can do
> VDPAU. The 5200 will be cheaper; you can get a fanless one from
> NewEgg for about $30.

Thanks for your advice, Dan.

I ended up buying a 6200 card from PNY that has CVI, DB15, S-Video, and
Component outs.  Through the DB15 connector, everything works great
(though it took some playing to come up with the best video mode that
didn't cut off part of the screen or stretch.  1600x1200 was the winner).

I "cleverly" remembered to buy a DVI-to-HDMI cable when I was there, and
I can, in fact, get that to work.  I was under the impression the
picture should somehow look better going through DVI instead of DB15,
but it doesn't.

My current confusion is this: Duh, there's no audio in the DVI
connector, and there's no way to tell my TV "when the current input is
HDMI4, use the audio input jack from the PC (DB15) port", so there's no
audio.  But then I did some poking around (four different websites, and
I can't a cable that has a DVI and headphone plug on one side and HDMI
on the other, so the HDMI on the TV end will have audio.

If the only difference in the signal of DVI and HDMI is that DVI doesn't
have audio, how can such a cable not exist?  Am I the only person on the
planet not sending the audio from their computer to their TV?