Assigning a character to a function key

On 12/17/2009 06:13 PM, Stephen Ronan wrote:
> 2) The "u" key doesn't work.
>  =20
> In regard to 2, is there a way to assign "u" to a function key?=20
> I'd be grateful for any advice on a good way to do that.
>  =20
I've had similar problems with my wife's laptop. Sometimes the laptop
keyboard can work loose or just get some dirt under the kayboard. Rather
than remapping, remove the keyboard, and possibly do a bit of cleaning.
Some of the keyboards have a couple of screws, some just clips. You
should be able to get directions for that laptop online. But, even
before you do that, there are sometimes some little slides above the
keys, make sure they are all in the locked (up) position.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846