LDAP for central authentication?

On 12/03/2009 01:29 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> What tool(s) do you use for account creation/destruction/manipulation
> etc within the LDAP DB?  The tools I've found can be used for initial
> setup but I haven't figured out how to perform ongoing maint.  (Granted,
> I haven't looked very hard).
>
>> DR
>
> -derek

A combination of Luma (http://luma.sourceforge.net/) and GQ
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/gqclient/).

I've found Luma's GUI to be a bit better for (i.e., more tailored to)
creating user accounts.  But for everything else, GQ seems to work better.

BTW, the LDAP Tool Box project that I mentioned earlier also has a great
little GUI for letting users change their own passwords:

http://ltb-project.org/wiki/documentation/self-service-password

HTH,

DR