Minor printer issue Fedora 12 possibly firewall or SeLinux

On 11/24/2009 09:03 AM, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> I did a clean install on Fedora 12, and I set up my printer this morning
> (HP 4500N - networked color laser). Other than having knocked the cable
> loose the other day, the printer came up as expected, but I see that
> there is an ink level display on system-config-printer, but when I run
> it, I get a printer job that that stays in the queue (test print works
> fine). Additionally, I am unable to connect to the printer from Firefox.
> So, it looks like for some reason I have the firewall blocking some
> ports. I know that http(80) is currently blocked.

Might not be relevant, but there's a gtk update this morning that said
something about fixing a printer bug:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-package-announce/2009-November/msg00551.html

If system-config-printer can get to the printer for the 'test print' then it's
unlikely to be a firewall issue (unless I misunderstood you).  You can check
selinux blocks by running 'sealert'.

You try updating gtk and restarting firefox to see if the problem magically
goes away.

Matt