multiple interfaces on same subnet

Somewhere in my past I ran into a problem where the outgoing packets
went out one interface, but the incoming packets came in the other
interface.  Some process or service did not like this, it required the
same interface be used for both directions.  I don't remember any more
details.  I think it was Solaris rather than Linux, but I'm not certain.

You might get around the problem by advertising route costs to coax the
next hop to use the desired IP address for the box.

	Jerry Natowitz
	j.natowitz (at) rcn.com
	Owner of Unix port 1572 (chip-lm), as found by Google