multiple interfaces on same subnet

Recently I noticed that both Linux (specifically Ubuntu 9.10) on
netmanager as well as Windows like to connect to both the wired and
wireless networks at the same time. Fortunately, the Linux routing table
assigns the default route to the wired connection. Windows actually
creates 2 default routes, but with different metrics.

=46rom my networking experience, this really should not pose a problem.
Sometimes I like to disable wireless which is easy in Linux, but a minor
pain on Windows.

I'm looking for some reasons why this might be a bad thing, but I don't
know any technical reason not to allow this, at least when there is a
single default route.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846