Need: anyone know of any food pantry software?

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Randy Cole <randyokc-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to assist a smallish church-based food pantry that is
> presently using a 12-year old database to track their clients.  They are
> looking for something a little more modern that will save their
> volunteers some time and effort.  Does anyone know of any web
> applications for food pantries that are free and open?
>
> Thanks,
> Randy

You might want to look into CiviCRM (http://civicrm.org/).
This is available in a Stand-Alone version, as well as Joomla & Drupal
modules.
I have personally never used it, but I was at a Drupal Cafe event last night
where it was discussed (http://groups.drupal.org/node/33338).
-Chris