f12

Stephen Adler wrote:
> It looks like fedora 12 is coming out next week. I'm a little worried
> because right now I don't have time to upgrade my desktop, but every
> time a new fedora release comes out, I'm like a junkie looking for his
> latest fix... I just can't stop myself from upgrading... and then it
> takes a good week or two before I become productive again, all the time
> I'm tweeking, fixing, bug reporting, obsession... etc. etc.... Is there
> anything coming with fedora 12 which would make all this upgrading down
> time worth the while?....

Of course there are. I can't point to any specific feature but it always
seems like hardware detection and administration gets a little easier.
There are always bugs and feature changes that you would like to regress
to a prior version. ^-M-Backspace being one change in the Xorg config
that I will re-enable. If you wait a year to upgrade you will forget all
those tweaks you made the last time.
I always reserve a partition or partitions that I rotate between
successive releases. If you don't want to boot into the latest by
default don't install grub during the install process as you can always
install it later. Just edit the existing grub to point to the new distro.

Jim KR