old thinkpads

    >> Anyone have some older Thinkpads they'd be interesting in getting rid
    >> of?  Looking for one with a Pentium 4 or newer processor.

    Eric> Slightly off topic but I'm looking for a laptop as well.  An old
    Eric> thinkpad would be great.

I have an old thinkpad that I'm sort of hoping will die so that I
can replace it with a new(er) netbook.  So someone who gave me a fairly
small contribution to the cost of the netbook could have it.

It's an R50e, and the sticker says it has a Centrino processor in it.

On the other hand, I second the recommendation to get an already pink
netbook for the niece.  There are a couple of reasons I'd expect to get
only a *small* contribution to the netbook:

     The battery no longer holds charge, so it isn't really very
     portable since it has to be plugged in.

     My most common use for the machine is to read the online
     newspaper over breakfast, so there are crumbs under some of the
     keys.

It's dual boot Windows XP professional and Ubuntu 9.10, and I think it
has 750MB of RAM.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

The dipsomaniac and the abstainer are not only both mistaken, but they
both make the same mistake: They both regard wine as a drug and not as
a drink.

G. K. Chesterton