is my system drive getting too hot?

thanks for all the replies guys. I'm going to do the finger test next... :)

Regarding correlated disk failures, my plan is to force a raid rebuild
every week to catch faults early. I'm not sure how well that's going to
work. Also, I've had a lot of problems with WD drives in the past and
have sworn never to buy them, but in this case, it came with the system
when I bought it. The WD drive has not showing any errors, but I got the
following entry in my logs last night...

 WARNING:  Kernel Errors Present
             res 50/00:00:2e:f6:ef/00:00:59:00:00/e0 Emask 0x10 (ATA bus error) ...:  1 Time(s)
             res 50/00:00:46:93:53/00:00:29:00:00/e0 Emask 0x10 (ATA bus error) ...:  1 Time(s)
             res 50/00:00:de:07:ee/00:00:34:00:00/e0 Emask 0x10 (ATA bus error) ...:  1 Time(s)
    ata5.00: irq_stat 0x08000000, interface fatal error ...:  3 Time(s)
    ata5: SError: { UnrecovData 1 ...:  3 Time(s)

That's a new drive I put in about 3 days ago...

Cheers. Steve.