ISO to flash drive (bootable?)

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a problem for a couple of hours and haven't seem to
have made much progress.

I have a netbook, an MSI Wind U100.  I want to install Mint Linux on it (I
already have Ubuntu and XP on my netbook).  Obviously, my netbook doesn't
have a CD-Rom drive, so I would like to "burn" the Mint Linux ISO file to a
flash drive I have.

I have successfully used this same flash drive to boot Moblin, so I know
both the netbook and the flash drive should be capable of booting.

I've tried using the DD command on both my Mac and on my Ubuntu
installation.  On my Mac I've done:
diskutil umountDisk /dev/disk2
sudo dd if=/Users/chrisoconnell/Downloads/LinuxMint-7.iso of=/dev/disk2
bs=1024
diskutil eject /dev/disk2

I've tried similar on my Ubuntu installation.  I've even tried bs=4096.

Anyways, when I try to boot off from this flash drive I am redirected right
to my grub boot loader on my hard drive.  (I've manually selected the boot
from flash by pressing F11 and selecting the boot device from the MSI bios
menu).

I can see the drive in my Linux installation and the files appear to be
there.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Chris