Some Database Questions

Hi Kyle,

Guess I'll jump in and start you off,

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 05:53 -0800, KyleL wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I am currently in a class for Advanced Databases.  I am supposed to answer
> some questions but I am not in an environment where I can get these
> questions answered easily so I thought some of you might be able to answer
> the questions.
>
> Here is what I am looking for.
>
> 1. Where you work.

go2 Media, Inc.

> 2. Database technology ie. Oracle, Mysql, SQL, and so forth.
MySQL-Cluster, 3 different clusters, for different environments.
Production,Testing and Dev. 'Production' is a multi-machine load
balanced, heartbeated Cluster. 'Test' is a one machine local cluster,
and 'dev' is a cluster running on a single machine, but using
vmware-server to host five virtual machines that make up the cluster.
> 3. Type of usage ie. single-user, multi-user, enterprise.
Enterprise I guess : 592,612,510 queries in 4 days 14 hours, Queries per
second avg: 1495.922.
> 4. Data location ie. Centralized or decentralized.
Clustered & centralized
> 5. Operating System, Windows server, linux, unix, etc.
Linux CentOS 5.3_64

> This is basically an information assignment to find out what is out there
> and the field/work place its used in.
>
> Thanks everyone.
>
> Kyle

good luck,