email in your 'home'

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 02:59:25PM +0000, jay-R5TnC2l8y5lBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org wrote:
> This is really the same rules they have involving phone calls, and postal mail.  They do not need to notify you, they just need probable cause and a warrent.

Actually, this is different. The reason they need a warrant is because
of the fourth amendment, which prevents such 'search and seizure' (of
property or information) *without* a warrant.

This judge is saying "Because you gave it to your ISP, you gave up all notion
of privacy" -- in other words, "We don't need a warrant, you already
wrote it on a billboard."

At least, that's what it sounds like to me.

-- Chris