Boston Loves Linux - TV Show - BNN

Hi Everybody,

I bought the domain bostonloveslinux.etal, but I haven't had a chance
to do anything with it yet (sorry.)  When I get going, I'll throw up a
drupal or wordpress site with some links.

The first show is in the *can*--it hasn't aired yet--but it will be on
Community TV Channel Comcast 23/ RCN 83 in Boston (here's the live
feed http://www.bnntv.org/programming/streams/channel-23.asx)  When I
know more, I'll update you with the details.  I don't know if you guys
would have much interest in this one, though:  "There's an operating
system called Linux?  And it's free!"   "Free?!"

I think it's a good idea to talk about choosing a distro.  Slackware?
Start 'em off right?  If you can't compile from source, don't bother
with linux (hehe.)  (Show #3 Dependency hell) Seriously, some things I
would need help to think about are some of things we work around
without giving it much thought as linux users: choosing a router,
printer, etc...  I've learned the hard way to do my do diligence
before heading over to Micro Center.  I would like to streamline the
process has much as possible for people and build up an audience...

I'm a little rushed today--so, I can't parse all the emails; but, I'm
excited about the response from all of you....  Martin, I'd like to
talk to you more about covering one of your install parties for the
station--that's perfect.

And for everyone, I was thinking about having a round table, with
cigar (cpu) smoke, discussion in the studio...  My class has been
conflicting with your meetings, but it's over now--show #1 was
graduation--so maybe we can meetup and talk.  Also, the linux
foundation has been really cool--they asked if I would like to
interview them during the convention next year ...  I need *gulp* help
:-)

Thanks!

Jeff