asus eee pc 1005ha

Nearly every computer has the capability to plug in an external mouse,
but usually the built-in is not disabled.
It this a 32-bit or 64-bit system. I don't see why you would not be able
to transfer large files (at least under 3GB). We could possibly look at
that in the upcoming installfest. Instead of using scp, have you tried
using rsync:
'rsync -az  source:filename .'
of 'rsync -az -e ssh source:filename .'
This would be equivalent to 'scp source:filename .'

In any case, we need to isolate if the problem is either:
with scp
with your home network
with the the ASUS wireless drivers.

I've used both rsync and scp to transfer some fairly large files on
Ubuntu 9.04 wireless with no issues although my work network is now
limited to <=3D2Mbps due to a recent "upgrade" here in Boston. Basically,=

they did upgrade the system  by adding another T1 (we used to have 3T1s
shared at the facility), but now we can only get a 2Mbps slice unless we
pay extra. - We are probably going to bypass and go with RCN)

On 10/19/2009 11:13 AM, dan moylan wrote:
> i just bought a little asus pc to accompany me on a trip to
> the west coast and have set it up with ubuntu 9.04.  all is
> fine execept for two things:
>
>   - the built in #$@!%&* finger-wipe mouse pad is driving
>     me crazy, what with my clumsy thumbs
>   - the wireless connection seems to hang up when scp'ing
>     GB files
>
> there is a button on the upper left of the keyboard, which
> is advertised to disable the local mouse pad, but it does
> nothing.  anyone know how to enable it?
>
> i can avoid scp'ing big files but ...
>
>  =20

--=20