Syncronizing windows with linux?

On 10/09/2009 03:28 PM, John Abreau wrote:
> It's been a long time since I tried this, but I recall that when a machine
> dual-boots XP and Linux, and Linux is properly set up to treat the
> hardware clock as UTC, then the two OSes step on each other's
> clocks. XP insists on the local clock being set to the local timezone.
>
> It's been years since I set up a dual-boot system, so this could have
> changed by now.

Windows is still idiotic w.r.t. its system clock.  However, that problem is
mitigated somewhat if you enable the NTP on both (and ensure an NTP sync with
the server at bootup time), since the NTP implementation on each will do what
the host os expects with the UTC time it gets from the NTP server.

Matt