[Position-available] Full-time position available: Manager of Database Systems- Waltham, MA

/*Full Disclosure: I work for this company as a Database Administrator,
not a recruiter, however I am paid a referral bonus if someone I refer
is hired. Constant Contact do not publish salary ranges ahead of time.

You can call me at 781.370.8610 if you have more questions.

The link for this posting is

http://www.constantcontact.com/about-constant-contact/careers/manager-of-database-systems.jsp

and on it there is a button for online application.

 -=Beldon

*/ --=== Posting begins

Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses, associations, and nonprofits
connect with their customers, clients, and members. Launched in 1998,
Constant Contact? champions the needs of small organizations and provides
them with an easy and affordable way to build successful, lasting customer
relationships. Constant Contact's leading email marketing and survey
products?supported by our expert personal coaching and service?help all
types of small businesses and organizations create professional-looking
email newsletters and insightful online surveys, and begin a dialogue with
their customers. Today, more than 300,000 customers worldwide trust
Constant Contact to help them connect with their audience.

Headquartered in Waltham, Mass., with an additional office in Loveland,
Colo., Constant Contact was named Massachusetts Technology Leadership
Council "Company of the Year" in 2008 and is ranked as the 14th fastest
growing company on the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 for New England list.
Constant Contact is looking for a smart, creative and energetic Manager of
Database Systems to join our Database Systems Team. The successful
candidate will have experience managing a team of local database
administrators as well as advanced hands-on experience as a DB2 UDB
database administrator. This role requires the commitment to provide
services as needed to maintain our 24x7 environment.

Responsibilities Include

    * Lead and mentor a team of DBAs to manage operations and provide data
architecture and development support for multiple production and
pre-production systems.
    * Manage the life cycle of database products by managing system
capacity, upgrades and introduction of new technologies; and working with
the rest of the organization to support the underlying servers, storage,
and networks.
    * Ensure database operations are implemented, monitored, evaluated and
tuned appropriately.
    * Provide application database access design and data architecture
recommendations to developers and perform design and code reviews to
minimize production problems.
    * Ensure data protection and recovery procedures meet Constant
Contact's security, data retention, and business continuity requirements
and ensure recovery procedures are periodically and sufficiently tested.
    * Proposing solutions, identifying tools, and generating procedures to
ensure an efficient, consistent repeatable environment using and deploying
RDBMS software, data management tools and utilities, data warehouse and
replication tools.
    * Assist in managing and tracking database product licenses and
maintenance renewals.
    * Perform hands-on database maintenance as needed.
    * Support 24x7 incident resolution with a rotating call schedule among
the DBA staff and support of off-hours application and system upgrades and
changes.

Position Requirements:

    * The candidate should have 5-10 years of experience in a lead DBA or
DBA management role including at least 5 years of advanced operational
experience as a database administrator using DB2 in a LUW environment.
    * Experience with advanced IBM utilities such as Q-replication, HADR,
and ACR preferred.
    * Experience with other DBMS implementations including Oracle and SQL
Server is optional but preferred.
    * Experience working with large scale, high transaction,
horizontally-scaled production database environments
    * Familiarity with complex RDBMS implementations (e.g. active/active,
replication, high availability, clustering, disaster recovery, disk-level
snapshots).
    * Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with
the ability to clearly present information to engineers and managers.
    * Experience with both data architecture design and operation of 24x7,
high availability services with high transaction rate OLTP and large data
warehouse systems.
    * Ability to solve complex problems. Strong team player with reach
across the organization.
    * Flexibility to work off-hours to manage incidents and major change
events and to support a rotating 24x7 call schedule.
    * Should be highly self-motivated and directed