looking for a CMS type of thingie !

Hello:

Of course Drupal can do exactly what you wish, but can you figure out
how to do so efficiently?  I got a bit of marketing about setting up
site, http://www.packtpub.com/drupal-6-site-blueprints  I have NOT
bought the book.  I might buy it because I want to pretend I could set
up a shopping cart by following the ubercart setup.

If you really open up the site to tens, hundreds, thousands, some
small percentage will nag for more features (like the ability to
blog). It is tough to heard a thousand cats.

Doug

You will see how to build the following site projects:

    * An educational, research, or non-profit organization web site
    * A fan site for users wishing to share their interests by
blogging ? built around the Blog module
    * An events site for listing events from multiple users ? built
around the Events module
    * A Community Portal for social networking
    * A newspaper site for publishing an online newspaper or magazine
    * An E-Commerce web site with Ubercart
    * A directory site for listings in several categories
    * A photo sharing site for publishing and organizing images from
multiple users
    * An hotel and conference facilities booking site for listing
items bookable by multiple users by using the Availability Calendar
module
    * A Googlemap site to create complex Googlemap mashups
    * A news aggregating site for publishing news feeds from several sources