linux.com and memberships

Have any of you seen this:

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/about/join/individual

For $99/yr you can become a member of the Linux Foundation and get a
linux.com email address.

I would sign up if the benefits were worth it to me.  $99/yr for an
email address isn't worth it, no matter how neat the domain ;)

Something seems a little weird to me about that group anyway.  I am
having trouble putting my finger on it, but I think it could possibly be
how commercialized their site is (anyone catch the ad for the Linux
credit card? Heh...)

On a related note, what tech societies/groups are you all members of?

I am currently a member of IEEE, IEEE Computer Society, IEEE
Communications Society, ACM, USENIX, and SAGE.

Truthfully, I think I am only benefiting from the IEEE memberships.  I
enjoy the publications and other stuff I get from them.  The others.. I
haven't gotten much from, socially or otherwise.  I'm curious if anyone
else has gotten any use from their memberships because I am thinking of
letting my memberships lapse when they expire next year.  I guess having
them may be something worth it from a resume perspective, but it seems
like a waste.

Cheers,

Ryan