Problem with Jabberd and PAM Auth on Fedora-10

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009, Derek Atkins wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a JabberD service on a fully up to date Fedora 10
> system but it's not working.  I did the minimal configuration required
> as per the docs I found online (mainly changing the Jabber ID of the
> server in sm.xml and c2s.xml, changing the JID of the admin user, and
> creating a self-signed certificate with the correct server JID).

I'm not sure if you've seen this link or not:

http://codex.xiaoka.com/wiki/jabberd2:pam?s[]=jabberd&s[]=pam

The part I'd specifically look at is disabling the forms of SASL auth
which require access to the plain text password on the server side
(cram-md5, digest-md5, etc).

On a somewhat related note, have you looked at ejabberd and Openfire?
I looked at a number of XMPP servers for work a while back, and both of
those impressed me quite a bit.  I ended up using Openfire since it ties
in to Active Directory very well.

--
Greg