any suggestion for web server load balancing appliances

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 10:03 -0700, Dave Peters wrote:

> Thanks for your suggestion. Can you tell me which model?

we use the LTM (local traffic manager). IT is the single receptor for
every incoming request. The model we use is a 2U box (times 2 for its
twin). They have gotten smaller over time, the first set I bought (circa
1999) were 4U each! I would imagine that you could buy those now for
about $50 each! (lol - just looked on ebay and the f20 is $149.00 each).
As long as you are looking at the LTM, they all perform the same
service. Be careful not to get the 3DNS, or the GTM, they are not the
same thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/F5-Big-IP-2400-LTM-V9-1-2-REDUNDANT-PAIR-bigip_W0QQitemZ160356364722QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2555fbf1b2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

is what we currently run ....

Richard