Drupal follow-up

Hello:

The video I recommended was "Drupal: Essential Training" by lynda.com.
 I purchased 4 books from packt publishing whose business model
involves sending some of the price of the book to the project in
question.

After the talk, someone brought up the question of service providers.
Since Drupal involves the interaction of many layers of technology
(php 5, mysql, smtp services), make sure the provider discusses Drupal
which would indicate their support staff has dealt with some of the
headaches before.  Personally, I use dreamhost.  When I had specific
questions, they had both an email response and a wiki page on the
topic in question indicating they record solutions to common problems.
 The condo site is served up from GoDaddy.com, a provider I despise
due to their in your face marketing and busy site that is difficult to
navigate.  Still the site does work fine - it will never be high
traffic.

Themes for Drupal are a zoo.  If you are working for a corporate site,
you might consider spending $300 of their money at a place like
http://www.topnotchthemes.com/ because they test the theme against
multiple browsers.  That said, a Drupal site will probably fail to
show up if javascript is turned off.

Technology that works with other technology sometimes does not work.
I said that there were only 4 people who applied for accounts at
visualphysics.org.  Turns out that a total of 21 had applied.  My
service provider sent those emails to mail.visualphysics.org on gmail
apps which was set to forward it to my main gmail account.  The the
visualphysics.org gmail account is not forwarding to my standard
account.  Oops.  It was easy enough to approve the accounts once I
knew that gmail was not passing the ball along.

Thanks for the positive feedback,
Doug