MythArchive disks won't play in a regular DVD player

I did a whole writeup of the problem here:

http://thekramers.net/tmp/mythproblem/

Please take the time to read it, as I include all the logfiles.

The short version is this:  On the same exact hardware, when I was
running Fedora 8, I could create DVDs with MythArchive and they would
play on my consumer DVD players.  But I tried creating one for the first
time since redoing my system from scratch with Ubuntu 64, an the disks
appear to be created, but they won't play in consumer DVD players, and
don't come up with menus when using gxine to play them.

Thanks in advance.  Again, please go to the above page to see all the
details.