MythTV on nVidia ION platform

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Generally speaking, clean HDTV recordings and the bulk of h.264 1080p
> material plays back *flawlessly*...

Neat.

> Note that this means the single-core 32-bit atom ought to be just as
> playback-capable.
>
> Note also that purchasing an nVidia GeForce 8 or 9 series will get
> you the same sort of GPU-based VDPAU decoding offload.

Hmmm...I see netbooks selling for under $200 now with CPUs that ought to
be adequate. They'd make a nice small, quite platform. But I doubt any
have adequate graphics adapters built-in.

I wonder if anyone has packaged a nVidia GeForce 8 or 9 into a USB VGA
adapter? Given the limited USB bandwidth, probably not, but for this
application it might do the job if decompression is happening in the
video chipset.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro