open source copyright language

You asked about copyright, and correctly point out that the gov't can't
copyright anything.

But many of the answers seem to be talking about licensing, and the gov't
almost certainly would have put specific language in your contract relating to
licensing (at the very least, requiring you to grant gov't use rights).
They're /usually/ not to particular about how you license the software to
entities that aren't the gov't, but you should consult your legal dept.

Matt