Flash drive recovery software for SD memory card?

    Robert> I have a SD memory card that I used to take several photos
    Robert> on.  I know that the camera stored the photos on the disk
    Robert> because I reviewed them.  When I went to transfer the
    Robert> photos to my computer (via a USB cable), my Macbook didn't
    Robert> mount my camera.  I unplugged the cable and got an unsafe
    Robert> device removal error.  I then tried mounting the device on
    Robert> a Windows PC but it can't read the disk.  Is there some
    Robert> free or open source utility for any platform that can help
    Robert> me recover my "once in a lifetime" photos.

I'm finding that mounting SD cards is problematic on the new
computer. I'm suspecting there might be a cable that didn't get
plugged in, but I haven't opened the case up to see.

f-spot sometimes mounts the camera, and my old usb card reader seems
to do a better job than the one built in to the computer.  Luckily,
the SD card I use in my camera is only 1G, not an SDHC, which the old
USB reader definitely wouldn't handle.

So far, none of this fiddling has damaged the disk, so you may have a
problem I don't.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org)
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

What a natural history of religion would show is that the human
experience of the divine has deep roots in psychoactive plants and
fungi.  (Karl Marx may have gotten it backward when he called religion
the opiate of the people.)

Michael Pollan, _The Botany of Desire_