best office/home office setup - the telecommuter

Brendan Kidwell wrote:
> * A collection of personal notebooks (Work, Logins, Home) are stored
> in encrypted SVN repository on a file server at my HOUSE, and synced
> to all my (non-Windows) laptops and my office desktop.

I maintain a login priority order to protect machines I care about: I
will use Linux to log into Windows, but not Windows to log into Linux; I
will use Linux machines I trust (i.e., machines I control or completely
know) to log into Linux machines I don't fully trust, but not the other
way around.

Which means if I want to get to a home machine from work, I better have
my personal notebook with me.

OK, I will cheat and run Linux inside a VM running on Windows, but I
don't trust it and won't use it to access a machine I do trust.

Spyware. Nasty stuff.

-kb, the Kent who presumes it is possible to not run an infested Windows
machine, but who doesn't presume that he knows how to do it.