best office/home office setup - the telecommuter

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Greg Rundlett
(freephile)<greg-SfI3QVg0eaJl57MIdRCFDg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On a related note, do you have people using multiple heads and the
> W500? ?I lost the capability to drive a notebook screen and external
> monitor __as one large desktop__ on the "upgrade" to Ubuntu Ibex or
> Jaunty

As nice as the screen might be, is this actually a benefit? I'm not
convinced that it is, unless you have your laptop / docking station on
a riser of some sort to make it even with your external monitor --
just from an ergonomics standpoint. I care a lot more about having the
ability to drive two monitors off of the docking station.

Incidentally, I haven't been able to find a dock that has two DVI
outputs -- while I appreciate that the dock has 1 DVI and 1 VGA, I'd
really rather have 2 DVI, or even DisplayPort (but I'm not sure anyone
is THAT cool yet).

Gordon