reminder Boston Linux and Unix Annual Summer BBQ XV tomorrow, Saturday

051.57346.jc-8FIgwK2HfyJMuWfdjsoA/w at public.gmane.org>

John Abreau wrote:
| On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 3:30 PM, John Chambers<jc-8FIgwK2HfyJMuWfdjsoA/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
| >
| > One of the main signs in our yard of how wet it's been is that we're seeing
| > redwing blackbirds at the feeder. They like to nest near water, so we usually
| > don't see them here. Lately, we've been seeing families of them, with the
| > adults teaching the babies to use bird feeders (and attack sparrows).
|
| A little avian jihad?  :-P

Yeah, and not too surprising considering the behavior of the mobs  of
house  ("English") sparrows that infest most backyards.  Redwings are
somewhat social critters, too, but they  don't  form  the  aggressive
gangs that the innocent-looking little sparrows do.

Anyway, I noticed some good news on the weather front.  The  NWS  had
been  saying "showers and thunderstorms before noon"; they've changed
it to "A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 9am." The
storm  system seems to be moving east a bit faster than expected.  So
the afternoon should be dry, unless we're in  the  path  of  a  later
straggler storm.

--
There are three kinds of people in this world,
those who count and those who don't.