Boston Linux Meeting Wed, July 15, 2009 Another Look at MythTV and MythDora

On Jul 16, 2009, at 10:50 AM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

> What *would* be nice is to see the mythtv protocol fully documented
> (maybe it is, and I just haven't looked...), so that people *could*
> easily write replacement frontends in the language of their choosing.
> I know there's at least one such effort out there, using python and
> clutter, but I dunno how functional it is or what version of MythTV it
> works with or, well, anything about it, other than its project page is
> here:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/gloss-mc/

Its not officially documented, but:

http://mythtv.org/wiki/Myth_Protocol

Includes links to a few other projects that do support at least some
revision of the mythtv protocol. libcmyth is the most interesting one
to me, from the mvpmc project, and also apparently used by xbmc now:

http://www.mvpmc.org/builds/doxygen/cmyth_8h.html

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod-ajLrJawYSntWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org