MythTV/Comcast going all digital TV in Cambridge [OT]

I have not received this notice yet. We have 2 analog TVs in the house,
and I'd possibly buy a small digital TV with a cablecard (supplied by
Comcast) for 1 of them, or possibly get their settop box. The second TV
does not matter.

Most other cable companies have done the exact same thing. The issue for
them is that they currently must send analog, digital, and HD signals on
the same wire. As more channels go HD that may be a technical problem.
The cost on their side is to provide free settop boxes.

On 06/29/2009 01:32 PM, Bill Bogstad wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Christopher
> Schmidt<crschmidt-cTEUcjrfgDqB+jHODAdFcQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>  =20
>> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:55:16PM -0400, Bill Bogstad wrote:
>>    =20
>>> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Richard Pieri<richard.pieri at gmail.c=
om> wrote:
>>>      =20