MythTV/Comcast going all digital TV in Cambridge [OT]

FYI,

I just got a letter from Comcast informing me that on October 20th
they will be switching all of their Expanded Basic channels to digital
format. The letter says nothing about QAM (clear or otherwise).  It
says something about "digital equipment" and if you don't already have
it you will need to do something.  They will provide up to two digital
adapters at no charge.  I'm trying to find out if anything will be
clear QAM, but I expect that will take lots of work
with Comcast to find out.

Bill Bogstad

P.S. I'm in North Cambridge, but I assume this will be happing in
other parts of the Boston metro area as well.