Goodbye to copper?

I would like to go about 300' with at least 10Mbit ethernet.  I have a
friend that needs about a 150' link
and a 50 to 100'.  This would allow him to get ethernet down to his
shop (lots of ugly power things
like welders and wood routers going on there).

For me it is to keep away ground loop problems between buildings.

If it is faster, that is better.  Even if it is slower, that works for
this application, but faster is always better :)
Gigabit anyone?  For most 'real application' I have, even 1 or 2Mbit
would be more than adequate.

Even knowing how to run a 50' or so at nice speeds might help some
'garage shop' kind of folks
that want to connect computerized equipment to a network without
dealing with some of the stray
induced power issues.

TIA...