New Laptop questions

Robert Krawitz <rlk-FrUbXkNCsVf2fBVCVOL8/A at public.gmane.org> writes:

> I've had very good luck with Dells (Inspiron 8000, 8200, and
> 9400/E1705).  They're also usually quite easy to fix or upgrade.

They need to be easy to fix because they need to be fixed quite often.
The one (and ONLY one) time I've had a Dell in my posession it broke
approximately once a quarter and needed to go back to get fixed.

My Thinkpads, on the other hand, usually last about 2 years before
needing a repair.  I have a T23 that I acquired around 2002 that
just died a couple weeks ago but hasn't needed a repair for about 3.
My T60 from 2 years ago finally needed a repair a month ago and
now it's as good as new.

I can't recommend Thinkpads highly enough.

-derek
       warlord-DPNOqEs/LNQ at public.gmane.org                        PGP key available