Home automation protocols [OT] CFL / LED

1. How much extra power does a CFL uses when starting up?
2. How much UV do CFLs produce? UV damages the retina.
3. How does one determine which bulbs have good color spectrum? (I'd
like to see a graph on the side of the box, like on old headphones).
4. Where can I buy US made CFLs? I'm willing to pay up to 50% extra for
made-in-usa bulbs, for a total price of $1.50 each.
5. If you turn a CFL on & off frequently, how much does this shorten
it's life? (also see #1). I tried to get this info from GE five years
ago, but they played dumb.
6. Are CFL recycling programs working? What happens with the circuitry?
Who pays?
7. Does that burning smell when the circuitry fails cause cancer?
8. CFL's are often heavily subsidized by electric companies. Now that
everyone is using them, this subsidy should be phased out.
9. The energy wasted by incandescent bulbs is in the form of heat. Six
months of the year, this helps you heat your home, albeit more
expensively than gas or oil.
10. Easy-bake ovens used to use an incandescent light bulb. Now they use
a heater element. The new ovens were recalled due to fire hazard.
11. Where can I buy cost-effective LED lighting? Why can't LED christmas
lights be used permanently?
12. Do certain brands of CFLs cause more RF interference?