Fwd: [Boston.pm] Hacking the WD Mybook 2 with Perl

reposted with permission ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Metro <tmetro-boston.pm-5a1Jt6qxUNc at public.gmane.org>
Date: Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 9:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Boston.pm] Hacking the WD Mybook 2 with Perl
To: L-boston-pm <boston-pm-PqP1ghmmPMdAfugRpC6u6w at public.gmane.org>

> Hacking the WD Mybook 2 with Perl
> ? ? ?- Building a cheap and very compact Linux NAS appliance
> ? ? ?- Polishing it with Perl glue
>
> I am using Perl glue to put together a cheap and small Linux NAS
> from the Western Digital Mybook II - there are a bunch of hackers
> doing this, but I wanted mine to have a certain "detail" and so
> some scripting here and there was required to make it happen -
> obviously in Perl.

I see the July 2009 issue of "Linux Journal" includes the article
"Hacking Your Portable Linux Server" by Federico Lucifredi.
Congratulations on getting it published.

I'd include a link to it, but Linux Journal has a policy of delaying
the free publication of articles online. They don't even have the July
issue online for subscribers yet. But if your patient (currently the
April issue is available for free), it'll eventually show up here:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/magazine

?-Tom

--
Tom Metro