How to force comments on SVN commit

Thanks,

-Nilanjan

One of the ways we ensure "useful comment" is requiring a corresponding issue id, from the project bug/issue tracking system, in the comment field for each commit. The issue id might be a bug fix or a feature add or whatever, but it enables us to track changes by automatically tying the change process to the issue-tracker. Moreover, it forces that all changes be logged (& thus presumably vetted, if it's a feature change/add) *before* they are made. And it makes management happy since they can track progress (commits) via the bug tracker. Though I don't know if that is feasible in all circumstances ...

-Nilanjan