Solaris/Linux admin needed-

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Dan Ritter <dsr-mzpnVDyJpH4k7aNtvndDlA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 02:16:01PM -0400, Richard Pieri wrote:
> > On May 26, 2009, at 12:48 PM, Jerry Natowitz wrote:
> >
> > > I've seen listings for this job for many weeks.  Is the client
> > > exceptionally selective, or is this a Potemkin job listing?
> > > ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potemkin_village )
> >

> > My money is on "exceptionally selective".  I don't have experience
> > with the particular company (I can't identify it by the req) but I do
> > have experience with something quite similar.  If this place has the
> > same kind of sharp management as where I came from then they're
> > looking for someone with a specific collection of skills and are going
> > to carpet-bomb the job boards and anything else they can find to fill
> > it.
>
> Plausible.
>
> If only recruiters had more care for their own reputations, they wouldn't
> participate in this sort of scheme.
>
> And reputation definitely matters. I can tell you that of the various
> techies at the Memorial Day picnic I went to, almost all had something
> nasty to say about Remington.
>

> -dsr-
>
> --
> http://tao.merseine.nu/~dsr/eula.html<http://tao.merseine.nu/%7Edsr/eula.html>is hereby incorporated by reference.
>
> You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.

You can't rag on Remington without ragging on their sister company Atlantis
Partners.  Both of them reminded me of walking into a car showroom.

-matt
http://www.sysadminvalley.com
http://www.beantownhost.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattboston
Walt Disney <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/walt_disney.html>
- "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."