distro for debug?

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 03:22:21PM -0400, R. Luoma wrote:
> I could use a distribution with no X-windows, but the following:
>
>   -  gcc, gdb and the usual (non-graphical) suspects
>   -  sshd
>   -  some sort of shell
>
> Is there something suitable out there?

Well, if you install Debian with an expert install (option off
the very first screen) and tell it not to install any packages
except the base, you get something very close to that, but can
be scaled up as far as you want later.

Many of the security-focused LiveCDs will do what you want, too.

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.