Verizon email issues

    Jerry> On 05/20/2009 09:52 AM, Laura Conrad wrote:
    >>
    >> Can you explain what those steps are for AOL?  I've got that problem
    >> with my domain at the moment.
    Jerry> With both AOL and Comcast, the log file also contained a URL with a
    Jerry> form we could fill out.

What log file is that?  My mail log doesn't have anything like that, but
of course, I'm not running the smtp server; I'm using comcast's server.

    Jerry> Essentially it told us that we were placed on a blacklist (or
    Jerry> greylist) because we were generating too much SPAM. AOL is a
    Jerry> real pain because subscribers press the SPAM button and we
    Jerry> get a feedback report. In the case of the feedback reports,
    Jerry> we then ban the AOL member from subscribing to the list we
    Jerry> just removed them from. I actually, banned one of the list
    Jerry> administrators of one of the lists.

I've never gotten that report, either.

I happen to know what happened and when this time, because the user who
hit the SPAM button also sent me an angry email, but it doesn't help
me find the form to fill out.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Anyone can do any amount of work provided it isn't the work he is
supposed to be doing at the moment.

Robert Benchley