nvidia

    Richard> RAM is fairly cheap.  I recently bought 4GB for my
    Richard> MacBook Pro (early 2008 vintage).  Cost about $70 and
    Richard> that includes the overnight shipping.

I don't think this machine will take more than 2G and I already have
1G, and I really don't want to spend money on it.  I'm expecting to
get a newer machine in not very much time, and there's a cost to
taking the machine apart even if I find free memory, especially during
pollen season.

I wasn't expecting the graphics card to fix the thrashing, just to
mabe make redraw during the thrashing a little less agonizing.  Is my
picture of what graphics cards with memory on them do completely
wrong?  If so, why do people pay money for graphics cards with memory
on them?

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad-O0WJhd4tT3hg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

Why was I born with such contemporaries?

Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)