linux on a T60 -- no sound, no wireless and no external video

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 05:32:27PM -0400, R. Luoma wrote:
> For a while now, I have been trying to install a linux distribution
> on a Levono T60

I don't currently have a Thinkpad, but I was under the impression that the
ThinkWiki remains the best resource for linux on ThinkPads:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T60

There are quite a few "how to get distro X running on model Y" howtos on
that site, including a bunch for your T60.  See the "I" section at the
bottom for the "Installation" links.

My suspicion is that if you have tried the latest Ubuntu and Fedora, and it
doesn't work out of the box, you're probably going to have to get dirty and
muck about under the hood to get everything working.  With the aggressive
release cycles for those two distributions, I think they tend to have the
best hardware support.

-ben

--
the wages of gin is breath.                                  <anonymous>