Thunderbird wierdness

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> In the last couple of days I have erroneously posted 2 messages to the
> discuss list when I have replied to someone when the original message
> was not on the discuss list.
>
> ...I think it may be an issue with the ReplyTo-List plugin. Normally,
> the replyto-list is supposed to work only when the List-post header
> element is present.

Did you examine the headers of the message you replied to to see if it
included a List-* header? If it doesn't, and the list address appears no
where else in the headers, how would the plugin know which list to send
the message to? (I suppose if it is buggy enough it could be remembering
the last list address it saw.)

If you manually filled in any of the recipients, you may have an
individual's name linked to the list address in your address book.

There are some TB extensions that permit you to delay sending messages,
which you could use temporarily to give you an opportunity to examine
headers on messages you're sending to see if you can spot  pattern.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro
Venture Logic, Newton, MA, USA