Java ignoring Daylight Savings Time

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:58 PM, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 05/08/2009 03:52 PM, david-8uUts6sDVDvs2Lz0fTdYFQ at public.gmane.org wrote:
>> I am not impressed with this design. Who came up with that?
>>

> Sun invented symbolic links. Sun invented Java.

Pedantically speaking, I believe it was UC Berkeley who added symlinks
to their FFS (Fast File System) in 4.? BSD Unix.  Admittedly, SunOS
was basically a port of BSD Unix from the VAX to Motorola CPUs.
Since you could get a Sun for a lot less money then a VAX and actually
have Unix supported on it by the
hardware vendor, Sun systems were probably the first place that most
people outside of academia
saw symbolic links.  However, it's still not the case that Sun invented them.

Bill Bogstad