The end is near for SCO (hopefully)

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Don Levey <lug-TwWeWiF2EGRi+ztankeudA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I had some fond memories of Caldera before the SCO days.
> ?-Don

It seemed to me that Caldera had a lot of difficulty finding a way to
distinguish itself from Red Hat.  The earliest Caldera Linux releases
were basically just a rebranded Red Hat sprinkled with a handful of
proprietary ingredients.

Unfortunately after they bought some of the original SCO, the existing
SCO customer base proved too tempting.  Caldera was seduced to
the Dark Side, and abandoned the FLOSS community.

I'm not sure their corporate culture ever really understood the FLOSS way.

AIM abreauj / JABBER jabr-iMZfmuK6BGBxLiRVyXs8+g at public.gmane.org / YAHOO abreauj / SKYPE zusa_it_mgr
Email jabr-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9