[OT] Verizon FIOS residential costs?

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Scott Ehrlich <srehrlich-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I'm curious, for those who have had FIOS tv, Internet, and phone, beyond
> any trial periods, what the regular recurring costs are? ? I currently
> have Verizon landline and Comcast Intenet and tv. ? Verizon advertises
> $99/month for all three with a 2 year contract. ?After that, I wonder if
> it is still competitive and reliable as the competition?

If you're thinking of running any externally accessible servers, think again...

Terms of service section 4.3:

...You also may not exceed the bandwidth usage limitations that
Verizon may establish from time to time for the Service, or use the
Service to host any type of server. Violation of this section may
result in bandwidth restrictions on your Service or suspension or
termination of your Service...

Pretty much the same deal with Comcast I believe...

Another interesting snippet from 6.4:

...Verizon reserves the right to change any of the features, Content
or applications of the Service at any time with or without notice to
you...

http://www.verizon.net/policies/popups/tos_popup.asp