BlackBerry SSH [was: Campus cops treat Ubuntu use as sign of criminality ]

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I have a Blackberry Curve through AT&T Wireless.
> The unit has GPS and uses GSM and Edge (too old for G3).
> The telenav service is $10.00/Mo if you want GPS route guidance, but Google
> Maps work fine. BTW: It positions you at the nearest cell tower until it
> gets a good GPS triangulation.
> I got the unit just before my train trip to San Diego, and it was fun
> watching the map change. For the most part, the phone portion is just as
> good as my previous phones. I also use a BT earplug as well as in my car. I
> use the web from my phone frequently. Last Sunday at the Galley Diner, Bill
> (owners father) was miffed that the Sox scores did not make the morning
> paper, so I immediately went to redsox.com and got it for him. The camera
> takes decent pictures for a cellphone.
>
> Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile are all evil :-)
> I use AT&T (Cingular) because it works at my home (outside) where my
> neighbor's Verizon got no signal.
>

> On 04/25/2009 07:52 AM, James Kramer wrote:
>
>> What ssh client do you use on you blackberry and does it support Public
>>> Keys?  I grabbed midpssh but it didn't support public keys to my
>>> knowlege and it never works right.
>>>

>> Is blackberry a good cell phone?  My lease will be running up soon and
>> I am looking for a good cell that I can do some extra things with.  I
>> am also looking for the best provider.
>>
>>  I don't want to pay for software.  My latest phone from Verizon
>> charges for everything imaginable.  If they could charge for the air
>> that I breathe while talking they would.
>>
>> What would everyone recommend.  I need GPS, email, the ability to play
>> mp3/video, a camera (maybe), and some free software that I can play
>> around with.
>>
>> Is Android a good phone?  I am a little paranoid about Google.
>>
>> I would appreciate some suggestions and also suggestions for a good
>> wireless carrier.
>>

> --
> Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org>
> Boston Linux and Unix
> PGP key id: 537C5846
> PGP Key fingerprint: 3D1B 8377 A3C0 A5F2 ECBB  CA3B 4607 4319 537C 5846

I've had really good luck with Verizon Wireless and been using them since
around 2001.  I primarily stay in and around 128 and south shore from boston
down to the cape.  I've got the Blackberry 8830 world phone and it rocks,
lots of features, but I won't lie they do charge an arm and a leg.

-matt
http://www.sysadminvalley.com
http://www.beantownhost.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mattboston
Will Rogers <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/will_rogers.html>
- "I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the
facts."