Xdefaults

>On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:33:44AM -0400, Stephen Adler wrote:
> Jerry Natowitz wrote:
> > Ouch!  This seems to be window manager dependent, Xfce still uses
> > $HOME/.Xdefaults, all the other WMs I have don't.  Solaris 10 also uses
> >    I notice that Solaris 10 still uses $HOME/.Xdefaults.
> >
> > Any history on this change?
>
> It stopped working during one of the fedora upgrades, I think going from
> 8->10.

It works fine under Gnome on my Fedora 10 machine.  All my urxvt settings
are being honored.

It looks like there was an upstream change in Xorg regarding the filename,
and it's supposed to be .Xdefaults-hostname now.

http://ftp.x.org/pub/X11R7.0/doc/html/X.7.html#sect13

But it looks like it's a bit buggy.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xinit/+bug/320886

You could try forcing the issue by adding this to your login script:

xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults

-ben

--
years ago I discovered the meaning of life and use it for my ssh key.
                                                               <synk>