Wake on LAN

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 08:17:46AM -0400, Jerry Feldman wrote:
> Another question. I have a Tyan S2915 Thunder n6650W MB. Online
> references show that it supports Wake on Lan, but I was unable to figure
> out how to configure it. Generally, I shut my system down at night. Any
> answers. I didn't see anything useful yet on Google.

There should be a BIOS option for the onboard ethernet: allow
wake-on-LAN, wake-on-keypress, wake-on-mouse-movement,
wake-on-timer, wake-on-smelling-coffee....

Then you send a wake-on-lan packet from another machine
with etherwake (needs root) or wakeonlan (needs MAC addresses,
not root) http://gsd.di.uminho.pt/jpo/software/wakeonlan/

-dsr-

You can't defend freedom by getting rid of it.